We are committed to collecting and holding Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”).
By visiting our website Burmaninvest.com.au (our “Website”) you accept and consent to the practices set out below.
Collection of information
For the purposes outlined in Clause 2, we may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us – information that you provide us (which may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information and other personal description) by filling in forms on our Site, or by corresponding with us (by phone, email or otherwise), for example:
- When you register for an account with us on our Site and in our App;
- When you report any problem to us;
- When you use certain features on our Site;
- Request any support from us; or
- Complete any survey or questionnaire we send you.
Information we collect about you – information automatically collected when you visit our Site, for example:
- Technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Information we receive from third parties – We work with third parties and we may receive information about you from them, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We only retain personal information for so long as it is necessary. Personal information may be archived as long as the purpose for which the personal information was used still exists or we are otherwise required by law to retain the personal information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- Providing, improving and developing our services;
- Researching, designing and launching new features or products;
- Presenting content and information in our Site in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use;
- Providing you with alerts, updates, materials or information about our services or other types of information that you requested or signed up to;
- Complying with laws and regulations applicable to us in or outside Australia;
- Responding or taking part in legal proceedings, including seeking professional advice;
- For direct marketing purposes (please see further details in Clause 2.2 below);
- Communicating with you and responding to your questions or requests; and
- Purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
We intend to use your personal information in direct marketing (i.e. offering or advertising products or services by sending the relevant information directly to you). We require your consent specifically for this purpose and you may opt out any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided below in Clause 9. For the purpose of this Clause:
- The personal information that may be used in direct marketing are those that you provide to us or we collect from you under Clause 1.1 above;
- The type of services or products that may be offered or advertised will be Newsletter, updates and offers;
- The relevant information may be sent to you by email;
- You may opt out any time by sending an email with the headline UNSUBSCRIBE to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
- any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services (for example staff engaged in the provision of support services);
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (on a need-to-know basis only);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations undefined; or
- actual or proposed acquirers of, or investors in, our business (or a substantial part thereof) undefined.
Third party sites
Our Site or our communication with you may from time to time contain links to third party websites over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own practices and policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of these websites to understand your rights. We accept no responsibility or liability for any practices of third party websites.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, service providers and contractors on a strictly need-to-know basis and ensure that those persons are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
We review our information collection, storage and processing practices from time to time to guard against unauthorised access, processing or use.
Please note however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold personal information about you;
- access any personal information we hold about you; and
- require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal information we hold about you.
You can request access to, and the correction of, your personal information by contacting us using the contact details provided below in Clause 9. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and describe your request.
The provision of access to personal information under Clause 6.1(b) may be subject to an administrative fee to meet our cost in processing your request.
Making a complaint
As part of our commitment to providing quality services to our clients, we endeavour to resolve all complaints quickly and fairly. Our policy is to acknowledge any complaint within five business days of receiving it and investigate, properly consider and decide what action (if any) to take and to communicate our decision to you within 45 days (or 30 days in relation to privacy complaints). If you have a particular complaint regarding your financial product or investment, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling our Investor Services team on or by writing to: Complaints Resolution Officer Burman PO Box H152 Australia Square NSW 1215
If you are not happy with our response or how the complaint has been handled (of if we have not responded within 45 days), you may contact the following external dispute resolution scheme: Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001 Tel: 1800 931 678 Website: www.afca.org.au Email: email@example.com
AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. There are some time limits for lodging certain complaints including those related to a death benefit. Please consult the AFCA website to find out if or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding personal information, please address to:
Burman Invest, PO Box H152, Australia Square 1215
Tel: 02 8004 6464
Last updated: 5 August 2019